WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Thursday, May 29, 2008

....what yo man got to do wit me?

So the other day, I was waiting in line at this seafood spot around the corner from my new job. And behind me was this dude who looked to also be on his lunch break. I could tell he was checkin me out, cause I’m just so fantabolous. In my head I’m thinking ok….wait for it….wait for it…..5, 4, 3, 2, 1…

Him: What school you go to? I think we went to high school together.

Me: ….ummmm no. I didn’t go to school here.

Him: Oh really cause you look so familiar.

Then he proceeds to ask me where I’m from, what I do, etc. and tries to close the deal with, so can I call you sometime?

Needless to say, I was not interested. I mean there were gold fronts involved so no.... just not interested. But in situations like this, I find it hard to just say that. Mainly because I am too nice. I smile at people on the street. I say hi to complete strangers. And I have a hard time being mean and/or rejecting men.

But really what do I owe strange men on the street? Not a ting, not a ting. Yet something in me won’t allow me to say those magic words, NO, I’M NOT INTERESTED. Chalk it up to the time I asked a certain boy to prom in a round about way and came up with less than favorable results. Those wounds are still healing.

Instead I say stuff like, I got a man, let me take your number and…. Well that’s about all I got. Seeing as how I’m living in the murda cappy where niggas be trigga happy (c) lil wayne, I guess I’ll stick with these defaults, unless ye fine readers o’ the view from here have any more suggestions, and by suggestions I mean any funny, witty, nasty, and/or hateful things you say to shoot down would-be suitors or suitettes.

what say you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say "BE EASY" with the rude/nasty/stank comments (even tho some of these guys deserve it when they say some OFF THE WALL shiz to women on the skreet!!) You don't want CMM rollin' up on you! Stick with the "polite" rebuffs...you don't want to "get smart" with the wrong person! Just use your best judgment...BE SAFE and stay MINTY!

Gangsta D said...

"Uh uh ni**a, you smell like fries."(c) Dave Chapelle.

Rum Punch said...

LMAO @ gangsta d/dave chappelle. That is foolishness. It's hilarious to me when guys be like, "hey you got some time or a minute.." No, sir. And I keep on walking. But when you get confronted face-to-face like that you are trapped. But I feel like these men have to know that we are lying. I mean they can't possibly believe that every woman they come in contact with really has a boyfriend, or a fiance, or a husband. LOL!