WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Friday, November 28, 2008

Bust the Driver Side Window Out Your Car


So I wake up this morning to my brother's deep voice saying, "Rum Punch, your car was broken into. The police left a note on your windshield." I go outside and what do I see? Broken glass everywhere! On the driver's side! Fcuk! On the day after Thanksgiving? OK what does that have to do with anything? Nothing. But still, fcuk! Did they take anything? No, because there was nothing to take. They just rummaged through the glove compartment and other compartments in the car. And found nothing of course. This is the second time this has happened in my lifetime. It's annoying. It's violating. And now I gotta go call some glass people. So peace up, A town down, I'll be back next week with something deep and thought provoking. That's my time y'all! Happy Rum Punch Friday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rum Punch;

I know exactly how you feel. About 6 months ago, with a club on my steering wheel, @ my job (even though its in the ghetto), before noon in broad daylight I had the same experience. Didn't take my radio, didn't take my cds, didn't take the $10-$15 pool money I had in my covered front seat console- instead ~$1.30 in my ashtray and my cigarette lighter were stolen. My shopper savings cards like CVS; grocery stores were left. In a neat pile in the passengers seat. I was thankfu l @ the small theft yet pissed @ the inconvenience of fixing my window.

Buy you learn to practice safer parking rules- near light; within view; remove valuables; buy and use a club; faceplates for your radio, etc

Courvoisier said...

speechless.

Rum Punch said...

@ cinco - Sorry to hear about what happened to you... I feel you bout the inconvenience! It's unsettling because it was in front of my house and there was another car broken in on the same street! So we definitely have to keep our wits about us.

@ Courvoisier - Indeed, indeed. But it's all good now!

Anonymous said...

Wow ... I knew that Jazmine Sullivan song was nothing but trouble.

Really though, sorry to hear. I'm mad the police just left a note.

Dirty Red said...

I feel you on this one Boo.
My Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi was stolen right out of my damn driveway a couple of monthes ago.

It was found 3 days later with nothing but the two rear tires and the bed. The only it was identified was the rear license plate.

So I honestly feel ya.

Dirty Red said...

I feel you on this one Boo.
My Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi was stolen right out of my damn driveway a couple of monthes ago.

It was found 3 days later with nothing but the two rear tires and the bed. The only it was identified was the rear license plate.

So I honestly feel ya.