WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Courvoisier and the Grapes

H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y A-M-A-R-E-T-T-O!!!!

HAPPY MEMORIAL EVERYBODY ELSE, I hope that you are as fortunate as me to spend my holiday weekend with three VERY cool women (Amaretto, Bellini and Rum Punch to be specific).

Anyway, I was wondering if you could help me solve a problem. Usually Courvoisier, has some idea what the correct response to every difficult scenario but this one I am not so sure...

Okay so where do I start, long story or short... I will tell the short, heck it is memorial day. Long story short, I'm chillin at a cookout and I notice people are snacking on some grapes.

No biggy you say?

Well, it is a biggy if you paid $10 for these grapes in anticipation of eating them next morning for breakfast. So what do you do? Okay, step one, no assumptions. I am not going to assume that those are my grapes. Let's find my grapes. Ut oh, I can't find MY grapes. IT IS MY GRAPES! (chuckle) What do I do?

I mean could I really be mad, that everybody is munching on my super sweet seedless grapes that I didn't even get to taste? I mean it is free for all if you rest something in the kitchen at a cookout. (sigh)

But why do I feel like the fox in the Fox and the Grapes Aesops fable? (chuckle) I know it is not exactly the same thing... but dang it, I want to scream to the top of my lungs, "Those grapes weren't sweet anyway!"

Much luv and sweet grapes until next week... peace :)

1 comment:

shannon said...

Somebody get this crazy woman some grapes already!