WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wiggedy Wiggedy Whack!

So intially this post was going to be about mental illness. I watched The Soloist and the Maia Campbell video over the weekend and I felt so impassioned to get on my soapbox and ask why Black folks have a problem calling illnesses by their good government names. No, grandma didn't have Sugar, she had diabetes! And Uncle Ray Ray who lived in the antic wasn't just tired from the Vietnam, he was Bi polar! Because Maia wasn’t rail-thin and sweating profusely like some reformed druggies I’ve heard of I am inclined to believe Maia’s family on this one, there is something deeper going on with her and hopefully folks and understand and can respect that.

Anyways, in my attempt to make a point using a compare and contrast technic, I wandered over to Youtube, because when I wrote “reformed druggie” I only had the wonderful, beautiful, talented, incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston in mind! A big ole Boooo Hiss for Oprah not having her interview with Whitney for the general public for free (though I do understand that this is a business). But three cheers for the internet pirates having Diane Sawyer’s 2002 interview posted!

These clips are priceless jewels folks! I spent nearly 20 minutes watching and sopping up the goodness. Ugh. Whit Whit, why couldn’t you just come clean (tee hee) with us then? But everyone’s demons and tribulations are personal. And even when you are rich and infamous, you have to deal with them at your own time and on your own terms. And I am sorry mainstream America I don’t blame the downfall of Whitney Houston on Bobby Brown. I think you have to be a strong person to make it in this life, and even stronger when people are constantly watching and judging you. Anonmity is a gift! I can err in my life and know without a doubt that some blogger won’t be writing about my falls from grace or inviting a host of people to watch
what I did 7 years ago! But since what Whitney said 7 years ago is train wreck "good" I am preempting my post so you can remember just how whack crack was!





Folks do grow and change and thank God that most of us get the time and the opportunity to do so!

See You In Seven

No comments: