WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Monday, June 21, 2010

Random Ramblings

1. What would you do if you found out your ex is gay? You hear men take it the hardest, but how do women? Are they just confused? I don't really know anyone who has experienced this... just read stories. For me, keyword here is ex. Who cares? Move on.

2. When work stresses me out... I fantasy shop online for expensive items, like $500 sundresses.

3. Met a lady who dedicates a month of every year to do volunteer work around the clock. That's NICE! Thought about it and maybe I could make that work if I achiveve the "I work 9 months out of the year" schedule, I am working towards.

4. I feel like I should be open to building a relationship with someone but the reality is I am really more interested in being in the studio. (sigh) Hope there aren't any missed opportunities there.

5. WTF!!! WTF!!! BP!!!

6. Noticing that focus and discipline is NO joke!

7. Despite how people feel about Kayne... I love his tracks and I am glad he is back... POWER:
"Got treasures in my mind but couldn’t open up my own vault,
My childlike creativity, purity and honesty,
Is honestly being prodded by these grown thoughts,
Reality is catchin’ up with me,
Takin’ my inner child,
I’m fighting for it, custody,
With these responsibilities that they entrusted me"

Despite his off the wall personality... you can rely on him to tell you how he really feels. I can dig that! Even if he comes off as an a$$. At least you know who you dealing with unlike some other artist. I rock POWER everyday.

8. Two years ago I said... Art was my soul. Two years later, I know it IS.

Much luv until next week... peace :)


3 comments:

Rum Punch said...

I lovveee this for sooo many reasons! Particularly love:

#2 - For me it's shoes. Swoon.
#3 - Yeah the volunteering thing is cool. But the working 9 months out the year is mo' betta. :-)
#6 - I'm sooo working on it. It's hard. I need you to teach me! Lol.
#7 - Yeah I was rockin Power all last week!

So excited for you and this weekend! :-)

Dirty Red said...

Good post....
I really don't know how I would feel if I found out my wife was gay. I mean does that mean that I was not beating the pussy up as she screams and goes into her version of cardiac arrest? Do the neighbors really know my name? So I guess she prefers an all nighter with a tongue and a plastic jibby, to my 30 or 45 minutes of a stiff tongue and good real longstroking? So many questions would have to be answered man. So many questions....
But again good damn post

Tina D said...

hey ma! i'm back (sort of) liked ur post, but the only part i really read was the line about art bein ur soul. GIRL IT IS!! and i'm so glad ur lettin us all in for a peek of the genius :-) can't wait to see the collection!