WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Song That Never Ends!

So currently I have a song stuck in my head. And while I am able to function, I feel like I might suffer from Turrets Syndrome. These lyrics just pop in and dominate my thoughts or just come oozing out of my mouth when I least expect it. And of course, the songs that get stuck in my head aren’t the hymns that Grandmomma use to hummed as she whipped the family up some biscuits. Nope. The songs that get stuck in my head are the ones that are hot in da streets…ones that no respectable, working, saved, sanctified, I love the Lord person should be singing…let alone knowing, but I, somehow some way keep coming up with funky *beep* *beep* like every single day. Ugh! Ya'll see what I mean? Should I really be thinking about Snoop’s Gin and Juice while trying to write this post?

But in my lifetime, these inappropriate songs have popped in my head at inappropriate times to include the following sit-chew-ations:

Planning meeting with Boss Person: So Amaretto we are really getting ready to drive the business. We want you to play an instrumental role in communicating this mission to the field. What are your thoughts? And my mind goes…Fill another cup up, feeling on your butt what…Blame it on the a a a a a alcohol...

Friend Just Lost their Job: Amaretto, I just got fired for stealing money from the cash register. You know Mookie ain’t making his child support payments. And I just bought a Gucci Bandana. Why should I do? How am I going to pay the rent, and all my money’s spent? And I think…The world is filled with pimps and hoes, we’ll just talk about those I know…

Just a Little Talk with Jesus: Lawd, you’ve been so good to us. Saved us from the punishment of sin. You woke us up this morning. You started us on our way. We even woke up in our right minds. Let the church say Amen. And what do I say? Lollipop. Lollipop. He’s so sweet, I wanna lick the rapper…

And now thanks to Slumdog Millionaire using M.I.A.’s Paper Planes on the soundtrack… All I wanna to do is *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* And take your money! Like all the time ya'll!





Not to be stank…but I hope this gets stuck in ya’ll heads too! I blame hip-hop, with it's catchy little hooks and beats. Just perfect enough for a $1.99 ringtone that I ain't even trying to spend my money on. But it is catchy, and it would be kind of cute on my phone...$1.99 isn't that much. All I wanna do is…

See You in Seven

No comments: