WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

it' not him, it's her...

Sometime back in the day, during this blog's infancy I shared this with y'all. And now, I want to embellish the blueprint.

So, my girlfriend just recently bought her home with her boyfriend -- apparently it's in her name and he pays the mortgage-- and just had a new baby. The world of me could not understand why they are not hitched yet? Recently, I called her to check up on she, the baby, and fam. She disclosed to me that her mother is gettin' married next year. So I commented, "Tell your man -- no pressure!" And he happened to be there, and she shared my comment with him. He retorted, "She knows we can go to City Hall any damn day of the week!" And we all chuckle. Now my girlfriend claims, "City Hall cheapens the marriage. You don't have the big wedding, ...."[at this point I lost at the conversation and tuned her excuses out].

I don't know what it is. My girlfriend is holding back, and yet she hasn't held back on anything with this man. She vowed never to have another baby unless she was married. Although, I do think that is the direction they're headed in, but this waiting game has me baffled. I don't know what she's waiting for. If you knew my girl from the sandbox, you'd be amazed at her metamorphisis. Let's just say she is an only child and wilded out a few times more than once in her life. Fastforward to today, she and boyfriend are the old couple. An exciting adventure for them is going to Target and Walmart. They are always home. Back in the day, you couldn't pay my girl to stay home.
I guess people change after all?

Most of the time, it's the men and not the women -- who are holding back on this marriage thing. It's amusing in some ways. The detective in me wants to figure this shit out, 'cuz Bellini is truly baffled. Perhaps, at the destination wedding next year, there'll be a twinkle in her eye and she'll have a change of heart.

cheers,

Bellini

No comments: