WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Monday, April 6, 2009

Sometimes Ish Just Happens

Today, when my boyfriend referred to my hair, I told him I was going to dye it. He responded by saying, "Finally, so how much you trying to loose, 40 maybe 50 pounds?"

Today I found out I got a $20,000 scholarship and after celebrating with family, I realized it was addressed to someone else with the same last name. When I called her to tell her the news, she informed me that she received my rejection letter.

Today my husband dropped me off at work, ten minutes later I got a text saying "I just dropped the b*tch off, I'll be there in a few baby, miss you." I asked him about it and he said "I don't know what you are talking about Megan." My name isn't Megan, not even close.

Today, I tasted the rainbow. By that, I mean a homeless man hit me in the face with a bag of Skittles for not giving him money.

Those were just a few of  the post from FML this site I like to read when I think life is not going the way it is suppose to... sometimes you have to let things just happen and move on. Just this Friday a friend of mine had her car and purse stolen so I hope that she is reading this post and check out this site. I am not sure if everything posted here is true but you got to admit some of it is pretty funny and messed up at the same time. 

For the first time, I almost saw myself posting something yesterday morning. It would read... Today, I met a lady that was telling me all about how great her man was and when she showed me a picture, I realized it was my soon to be ex-husband.

Much luv until next week... peace :)

4 comments:

Amaretto said...

Whaaaaaaaaat?! Was what your would have posted been true?! FYourL! ; )

cinco said...

I love this post and now I will visit a new site!

Rum Punch said...

Wow. This made me smile. So thanks, girl!

Peter Clare said...

Dang, your ex-husband huh? You should post it to the site. FML reminds me of the times I've spent in the hospital, I go in with all sorts of issues (I had a kidney transplant) and within a hour or so I'll see someone worse of than me. Cold comfort.