WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tap Tap Tapping Away

Today I am at an offsite meeting. Cry for me ya’ll! Shed some real tears! My manager wants us to be here for 3 days…From this, ya’ll should know how these things tend to go and should not be surprised that I dusted off my old Negro tap shoes and white gloves and danced for the man. *Jazz Hands*




By the time I was finished he agreed that I needed to hold down the fort and participate for only a day and a half. Praise Him! Massa knows what’s up. Now true I might be missing out on some life changing information…but nothing career changing and really in the world of work that’s all that matters. Riiiiiiiight? Right.

So as I twiddle my thumbs, doodle in my notebook, thank the Lord for air conditioning and contemplate the meaning of life as a twenty-something working among a sea of forty, fifty and sixty somethings…. Enjoy your Tuesday ya’ll!

See You In Seven

No comments: