WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Monday, September 14, 2009

What Happened to the Art of Communication?

Last week, I got a FB friend request from a handsome guy in Florida whose name I didn't recognize. This happened right after giving my friend a speech about requesting friendships of strangers that she thought was attractive, just because they were a friend of a friend. Well, here I am considering accepting this friendship request because he is kind of cute. What if I just accept to see his pictures and read his FB status diary... "No" she said.

Oops too late, I already did. (chuckle) Now, usually I don't accept stranger requests but I was super curious about this one and after looking at the pictures. It couldn't hurt if he was a friend. (chuckle)

Never been a fan of meeting strangers online or online dating, this was bound to be interesting. So I took the first initiative and sent him an email with the subject line "Do I know you?"

He replies "sorry no resaon to be on kine. hope you have a nice weekend be safe"

What?!? Is that English? Little pet peeve here, maybe he is sending this message from a phone but even still... so I respond with proper English in hopes that he does the same.

" OH... okay. Just asking.
Same to you... enjoy your weekend :)"

He replies, "i just feel a bit shame the way you said it. but its kool because am always kool are a nice person wear are you from?"

I am done. This person has been de-friended. Are you kidding me? We don't know each other and you want the only impression of you to be someone who can't type a sentence. I was done... 'wear' instead of 'where' took me there. (chuckle)

Much luv until next week... peace :)

P.S. This is definitely a good time for NY... go hard Brooklyn, smooches to Harlem and it's all good Queens.

No comments: