WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Thursday, October 29, 2009

keeping legs closed



i've always like teyanna taylor.  for no real definable reason other than she's cutie patootie.  and she does her own thang. and did you see her on mtv's super sweet 16 in 2007?  the life style doll!  say word! and while get my daily dose of celebrity gossip this morning i ran across this over at theybf.com that made me like her even more.  i really like teyanna taylor.   and then this made me like her even more.
Q: Wait Wait Wait…your still a virgin?? I’m really happy to hear that.
A: Yes. The one thing people can never say is that I’m a hoe. I have a purity ring. The only time you get in trouble is if you attempt to do something. If your laying up on a boy then something is going to happen. So I just keep my legs closed until I am ready for that. I can’t have a boyfriend because the only thing they want to do is have sex. I don’t want no fingers up there, no penis, nothing!!! Uh uh (shaking her head no).
Q: You know many young girls think that virginity is lame and promiscuity is cool. They succumb to peer pressure and then find themselves in grown folks situations that they aren’t equipped to handle. So I’m pleasantly surprised to hear that you have your head on straight.
A: Egypt I even try to teach these girls. I hold bible study class at St. Lukes church in Harlem when I’m home. I actually teach the class because I want them to know its okay to praise God and keep your legs closed. I’m just trying to be a good example right now.
source: theybf.com and egypt.

during a recent sit down with egypt she talked about her virginity and how she's a motivation for young girls.  i think it's cool that she's not shy about her virginity and that she's a "cool" role model that other young girls can look up to. 

she also got me to thinking....if i could go back to when i was 18 (and still a virgin) would i do things differently?  would i have a purity ring? would i keep my legs closed?  cause you know they say once you dip your toe in the pool, it's all down hill from there.

what say ya'll?

4 comments:

Courvoisier said...

Always loved her! And I lover even more now after her sweet 16 episode.

Anonymous said...

hmmm-maybe 18 but would you do 28 still a virgin? It starts to get a bit old no? So what age is the best age to lose the v-card?

mint julep said...

@anon, good point. even if i had made a purity pact at 18, i most likely would not have remained a virgin by 28. i think the best time is mid 20's. like 25-26.

Unknown said...

The best time to lose your virginity is on your honeymoon, Hebrews 13:4.