WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Monday, January 11, 2010

Fictional Character Models

Sipping chicken tortilla soup at Honey's (my favorite neighborhood joint) and chatting with a girlfriend we talked about our weekend happenings. While we listen to the Love Jones soundtrack, I tell her how the guy I am getting to know called me 'Samantha'. You know who Samantha I am talking about... she lives in NY, blonde hair, etc. And just like a girlfriend she says "You are more like a Carrie but with Samantha's tenacity."

To which I responded "What is it about these movie characters that we watched as adolescents that makes us want to be like them? or identify with them?"

You know which ones I am talking about.... here are the ones that will always have a special place in my heart. (chuckle)

Nina Mosely from Love Jones
"I gather up each sound you left behind and stretch them on our bed. Each night I breathe you and become high " Oh how I would love to walk the street at night quoting poetry with my adolescent crush Lorenz. (CHUCKLE)



Shante Smith from Two Can Play That Game
The girlfriend in the group that is always SUPER cool and sets the tone for the rest of the group. This character cracks me up! Love her! (chuckle)


Joan Carol Clayton from Girlfriends
Can I get her wardrobe? From day 1, always fly!

Lastly, Thelma Golden... and no she is not a TV show/movie character but she might as well be because where is the Gallery Owner/Curator character for me to model my career? I could go with Tracy from Mahogany as stretch but she didn't have it all altogether so I can't endorse. (chuckle)


Who are your fictional character models?

Much luv until next week... peace :)


No comments: