WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Moving On... maybe? again?

This weekend I pondered whether another opportunity to move on the horizon is right. It seems as if a few months ago, I was thinking about the same thing. Well it appears as if it back on the table and this time I am ready to entertain it again. Most people are somewhat confused as to why I would consider moving again but I believe timing is sometimes everything.

New York did not line up. There were significant aspects that I couldn't make sense of hence no move.

Boston, the new opportunity is showing promise. I have told very few people about this opportnity and yet I got a few God winks in that direction. First my boss mentions it, then my studio director reccomends I visit Boston for a workshop and now my boss is mentioning it again.
Maybe the New York offer was to get me thinking about moving. I was getting comfortable in this loft space. Parts of me feel like my life at this particular studio is coming to an end too. I have learned a lot but it maybe time for another mentor. Boston is the home of two artists I have been eyeing for a while. One of them friends of my current mentor and whose workshop I am considering attending.

At the end of the day though, I know that my goals haven't changed. I have a huge idea brewing for the ultimate debut solo show, so we shall see. Watching Alexander McQueen's shows reminded me to kick it up a notch!



Much luv until next week... peace :)

P.S. Fantasy dating update: Semi-colon is holding on strong in first place.

3 comments:

Rum Punch said...

Do what you gotta do girl. Anddd go semi colon! he sounds nice. Real nice. (c) Bernie Mac. :-)

Ian said...

Thanks for sharingg this

Ian said...

This is great.