WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time Keeps on Slipping

So a couple weeks ago I was watching 60 minutes and Andy Rooney aka “Eyebrows” as Rum Punch calls him was opining about the passage of time.

He felt time flied because we are constantly looking forward to what is going to happen next. Months that we don’t have anything planned, some to drag along. When it was February and there is 3 feet of snow on the ground and how many of us wished that it was a lovely spring day in May? *Amaretto raises her hand* And well now May is here and I wonder what happened to March and April. How many parents, while sitting in their cubicles all year long for that nice family summer vacation, only to then wonder when their kids are going back to school? But it’s hard to live in the moment, especially since no one teaches us how to do it. We learn that we have to prepare for tests, and get into college to get a good job, so we can make money. But how many of us are taught to stop and smell the roses. Or at least appreciate the monotomy of life. Eyebrows was stating that it’s these lazy days that make time last longer.

And yet while I sit in my cubicle I am already thinking about the graduations, birthday parties, weekend getaways and cookout that will span the summer months. And once it’s all said and done I’ll be thinking about the holidays and then the new year in which I will turn 30! And in all of this planning I wonder what moments I’ve missed out on? Today was just a regular ole Tuesday. Went to work, surfed the net, goofed off with coworks, ate, watched some
random sketch comedy show on TV that made me laugh. And now I’m rushing to come up with something before Tuesday is over.

And I can honestly say that I never looked forward to Tuesday, May 11th, but it’s time in my life that I’ll never get back and I’m going to try to appreciate that.


See You In Seven

No comments: