WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Monday, March 10, 2008

Fire!

Before the end of the night
I wanna hold you so tight
You know I want you so much
And I'm so tempted to touch…

I wanna feel you, I wanna squeeze you

I wanna hug and kiss and caress you
I wanna love you, I wanna touch you
I'll place no one else above you.

- Tempted to Touch, Rupee




I am soooo enjoying my single. single. single…. LIFE. Like Cameo said, it feels so good. I’m happy just doing me and sampling the many flavors of life one scoop at a time. I have perfected the art of mathematically reducing recipe measurements to create a meal for one. The square footage of my one bedroom condo is more than enough room for this little woman. My shoe boxes occupy every inch of shelf space in the closet and no one is complaining. I gauge the need to do laundry by the number of clean wash cloths remaining and when I start wearing socks that do not match. There are rarely splash marks on my toilet (unless I’ve had some male company). Sometimes an entire day goes by without me speaking a word to anyone. Life is lovely.

But sometimes I just need a lil’ sumthin’ sumthin’ to get me through the next few weeks [or months in my case], if ya know what I mean… A lil’ sumthin’ to help me sleep better. That will have me smiling and laughing a lil’ extra. That will keep me from going postal on the J-O-B. And help keep that mask from cracking that I work so hard on keeping tight. I get a lil’ thirsty when the well runs dry, sometimes (cue the music mint julep, I feel another remix coming on).

Now being the beautiful brown sista that I am, it is fairly easy to find someone to scratch my itch. To turn on my fire © Rick James. Or should I say extinguish… ‘cause the sh*t been smoldering from within for a minute and far from cold as ice, ok? I don’t use and abuse them but don’t mind loving and leaving them once I get mine, if that’s what our arrangement calls for.

Lucky for me, I have turned over a new leaf. No more b-u-dd-ys. No more late night entrances and early morning exits. No more maintenance men to call on when I need a lil’ fixin’. Dark & Stormy had a bright a** idea one day to abstain from sex unless her partner was someone whom she was actually interested in pursuing a monogamous romantic relationship with and someone whom she had ample opportunity to assess and investigate. See though that has always been a constant in my book of rules, I also had a tendency in the past to keep me a “friend” on the side.








Have that one phone number stored away like so >>>>



With a sign that reads:


“In Case of Emergency, Break Glass”






Now understand that most days are easy and a lot of times sex is the farthest thing from my mind. And since I'm already sharing, I'll go ahead and admit that I fully believe in the aid of battery-operated devices to assist in getting through the tough times. Shoot, that's the safest sex possible. And fuss free. But nothing can replace a man. Period. It's like making a cake with Splenda. You're only fooling yourself.

But recently I have had the opportunity to spend time with a man who may be special enough to get the party started again. Actually, there are two of them. And while it is still too early in the season to predict an MVP, my mind is already churning... focused on the championship trophy. Studying the playbook and films. Getting in the gym and practicing, ya dig?

The company of a man that I respect and am attracted to naturally ignites that fire. The sound of his voice. A brush of the cheek. His hand on the small of my back. Eyes locking as we gaze at each other across a table. A sweet kiss goodnight. Butterflies in the stomach. Lawd, not the butterflies...

And I'm so tempted to touch.


Tumultuously Yours,
Dark & Stormy

2 comments:

Gangsta D said...

"Sometimes an entire day goes by without me speaking a word to anyone."

What, you don't have your "Kid Sister" to talk to anymore? lol

Dark & Stormy said...

Oh you got jokes, huh? Too old for Kid Sister and gave up "My Buddy".... Guess I'm just S.O.L. Hahaha