WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Building a Universe

There are quite a few things in this life that I just don't understand. As a young girl sitting one summer in my grandparents' kitchen, waiting for some homemade sweet tea and a tuna fish sandwich, my Grandma told me that I could build a universe with all the things I did not know. I mean she was right, obviously, but it seemed like such a harsh thing to say to a little girl who just wanted to know why granny took so many pills before breakfast? Or why grandpa fell alseep while watching tv, or why did the caged bird sing...

But in the spirit of I don't know what to write, taxes, and annoying yet inquisitive children, I feel the need to share some of the things that I just don't understand.

Numero Uno: Did Bracky forget he's running for President of the United States and not just the in the intellectual meccas of the east and west coasts? Is it wrong to say he shot himself in the foot, maybe with the rifle of a bitter middle American? I think they (Hills, Gramps and the media) are going to ride this faux pas hard like how a man just out of jail makes love. I'm just hopin' Bracky can change all of this. Maybe with his hand gestures and a smile. Or maybe with a story about how his po' unbitter mother would tell him how much she loved God while polishing off her rifle.

Letter B: Why am I seeing Hillary Rodham Clinton drinking pints of Guinness with the masses? Is it because she's a woman of the people? I guess the Rodhams are notorious for having a good 'ole time after coming home from the factory? Show 'em girl! You ain't an elitist like Bracky! Ha!

Three: Why is everyone going Pope crazy? Granted I'm not Catholic, so maybe I don't understand. But there are T-shirts and bobbleheads for this man. Jesus anyone? No. Okay then.

Little D: Mariah Carey's kind of scary (c) Biggie And I don't know why. Touch My Body? I mean I'll probably start liking the song in a couple of weeks. But what happened to her? I'm not saying that she has to go back to her Tommy M., curly hair, black bodysuit and high waisted mom jeans... "Someday, oooo someday..." But I think that Butterfly was a happy medium album. Pre boob job and the emotional breakdown of Mimi...

This was my jam!


And I don't understand why. Maybe it was Bone Thugs! Oh Krazyie Bone how I loved thee! Next time I'm in Cleveland dude *wink*! Maybe its because compared to some music today this is darn great! Or maybe its just one of those things not meant to be understood, just a part of this here universe, and therefore should just be enjoyed...

See You in Seven

7 comments:

Gangsta D said...

I'm just glad Mariah survived "The Curse Of Bone." Biggie, Pac, & Eazy wish they were so lucky:)

Anonymous said...

Amaretto...now that is what you call am mixed post.

1: IDK...maybe because I am one of those intellectual east coast folks I didn't think he shot himself in the foot. I will admit he did get a little too cultural...lol. Which leads me to the letter b...

Letter B: That chick is desparate. She will do anything now...so sad. Let it go sweety. SO fake! She going to take it and run with it like the opportunist she is.

3: That ain't new chica...urban outfitters been making money off that kind of stuff for years now. I think it is a running joke in bad taste.

d: Yep...I am not feeling Touch My Body but Emancipation of Mimi was good! It was an excellent come back. I think she found HER happy medium with that album. I personally would prefer if she went back to Tommy M. type song days with a hair and wardrobe upgrade. The girl can sing which a lot of artist nowadays can do...so SING Ma-ri-ah!

mint julep said...

funny post. i'm with you on the pope thing. enough already!

Dark & Stormy said...

"... ride this faux pas hard like how a man just out of jail makes love."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Amaretto said...

@Gangsta D: Curse of the Bone? I have never heard that before, but it's making perfect sense. So what was see you at the crossroads all about? A foreshadowing of things to come?

@Mrj-Banx: Yes girl, complete randomness is what you get every tuesday, but moreso when I have no idea what to write about. But I agree with you, Mariah can SANG, and she really needs to get back to that! Soon.

@ My 5 and a Possible Sisters: Glad I was able to provide a giggle in your day. LOL @ Punch, I now have a mental picture of John Kerry windsurfing then eating Maine Lobsters with Miffy and Biffy (read his fellas). Mint, please get me a Pope T when he hits New York! Pretty, pretty please! And Stormy, how else could I describe how hard they were going to ride it? :)

Gangsta D said...

Yep "Curse Of Bone." They were like the Kevin Bacon of hip hop deaths in the mid 90's. If you worked with them, chances are you were on your way out. But Mariah broke the chain in '98. I guess the curse didn't work on fresh implants:)

Anonymous said...

ooooh, Breakdown is the only song I like from Mimi...Break,Break down...
hmmm, I didn't know there was a curse of Bone but now it makes total sense.
As for the pope, I have the same question. And why do they like calling this man "the holy father". Isn't that title reserved for, ummm, I dunno...GOD?