WE ARE: 5 women navigating our twenties in search of peace, happiness and love (or not). WE WRITE: about everything and nothing. From the insane to the mundane- you will find different paths taken, lessons learned and lives lived. WE THINK: you’ll enjoy it...Warning: Consumption of these views may leave you enlightened while intoxicated.

SO LONG, FAREWELL...

The View From Here will conclude on Friday, October 1, our third year anniversary. We would like to spend this month thanking all of our readers, followers, haters, visitors, family, friends, and fans for your continued support, encouragement, and comments over these past few years. Thanks y'all!
-The Five Spot

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Hate You So Much Right Now!

Oh look at the pretty picture. Is there anything more lovely in the spring, than seeing a field of flowers? Blowing in the wind. Oh how they sway and bow in the gentle breeze…

But what is not depicted is those flowers' nasty desire to reproduce. That’s right I’m talking about that stupid pollen that blows and flies around looking for a place to get a little comfortable. Get a little freaky deeky! A place to start a new life! And they don’t care where.


Stupid pollen! Flying up in my nose and shit! Getting me all congested, and itchy, and watery eyed. Making me question why I even bothered attempting to open my eyes since they are all puffy and red. Making me look like I just got high, just to get by, but without the postulating and acute hunger side effects...you know the good stuff.

*Sigh* I’m miserable right now.

But I have the sympathy of my coworkers…
“Oh Ameretto, you sound terrible”
Me: “Yeah. I want my Mommie”
"Oh, poor baby. You should go home."
Me: "You think so?"

So while looking like the dedicated worker that I ain’t, I’m about to throw up my deuces. Sucks that I’m actually using a sick day because I’m sick…something about that just ain’t natural!

I think Kelis said it best in this little song from the turn of the century.

Hey, Mr. DJ I would like to dedicate this next song to all the pollen blowing around out there…from stamens, and car roofs, and finally to my nostrils… this one is for you pollen, all for you!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoYXzFblq6g

See You In Seven

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

no it is not and i have 3 out of 11 acres with them wild flowers

[flahy] [blak] [chik] said...

You're definitely not alone! This allergy season has been the worst one for me yet! I've tried everything from Zyrtec to Claritin..nothings helped thus far1